Intellectual Property Law Firm Representing Clients in Patent, Trademark, Copyright, and Trade Secret Matters
I have been working with The Cohen IP Law Group for over 16 years; they made registering all of our trademarks a breeze.
- David O.
Los Angeles Entertainment Law Attorney
Your film, music, or modeling project is at the point where you now need legal advice. We are entertainment attorneys that handle several aspects of film, music, entertainment and business law. Below are the typical contracts, intellectual property, and issues you will likely need at some point and that we can prepare and negotiate on your behalf:
Film & entertainment related issues
- Celebrity Right of Publicity litigation preventing unauthorized use of celebrity likeness, name, and image, and other entertainment-related litigation
- Adult entertainment websites and issues, censorship, obscenity law and freedom of expression matters
- Entertainment production company formation using LLC and S-Corporation
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Releases: Actor, model, photo, depiction, copyright, minor, nudity, extra, quitclaim, etc.
- Section 2257 compliance for adult websites
- Option and Literary Purchase Agreements
- Actor, Writers, Director, Television Host, Composer, Finder, Producer, Casting Director, Makeup & Special Effects, Stunts
- Location Agreements
- Writer Collaboration Agreements & Joint Venture Agreement
- Production and Distribution Agreements
- Merchandising Agreements
- Trademarks, Copyright, Patents filings for entertainment purposes
Music related issues
- Selection of name: Trademarks search, application, litigation, domain name disputes
- Formation of business entity to protect the band and musicians: LLC or Corporation
- Creation of record labels
- Protecting your music: Copyright applications, protection of the musical compositions, sound recordings, licensing, sampling, copyright infringement
- Litigation: copyright, trademark, breach of contract, unfair competition
- Performance Agreements: Nightclubs contracts
- Publishing & performance contracts
- Band partnership agreements
Trademarks are a form of intellectual property rights for elements that identify a product or service’s source.
Patents help those who have developed an invention and seek to protect it.