What is a Trademark?
A trademark identifies a brand or more specifically the source of origin of particular goods or services. A trademark can be a name, logo, design, slogan, or in some cases even a sound, color or scent that identifies a brand. Obtaining a trademark registration can strengthen your ability to protect and enforce your business and the goods and/or services used in connection with the trademark. Our attorneys have filed hundreds of trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in addition to state and foreign trademark applications.
Trademark Search and Application Packages
Our recommended trademark application and search services include:
- Initial trademark consultation and pre-filing strategy
- Trademark search and clearance report with consultation directly with Mr. Cohen to discuss the result and filing strategy
- Strategic preparation of description of goods and services to maximize protection and enforcement
- Drafting, preparation, and filing of trademark application
- Responding to office actions as necessary
- Attorney of record services and written status updates of the application
- Confirmation letters of registration
- Renewal and monitoring services
Upon issuance of your federally registered trademark, you have the following significant benefits:
- Nationwide constructive notice of trademark ownership
- Evidence of and a presumption of ownership
- Federal court jurisdiction (should you have to sue to prevent infringement)
- Federal registration can be used to obtain foreign registration
- The registration may also be filed with U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of foreign goods that infringe on the trademark
Contact our office to get started with your trademark application.